Nuvali in Sta. Rosa, Laguna is a master-planned residential, commercial and recreational development complex that has something for everyone. Whether you’re a foodie, adrenaline-junkie or leisure traveler, you can find something fun to do here. Located in Sta. Rosa, Calamba, and the municipality of Cabuyao, Laguna, the 2,290 hectare development is a sustainable and environmentally-friendly space that allows people and nature to thrive harmoniously. Here’s a look at some of the fun activities you can do here:
1. Go leisure biking
Nuvali has a good network of paved roads and designated bike paths that offer a lot of opportunities for leisurely road biking. We brought bikes we borrowed from Microtel South Forbes, but road bikes are available for rent at the Lakeside Evozone. Because not a lot of cars pass through the complex, some of the areas offer secure biking paths.
If you’re not a biker, you can also enjoy just walking or jogging along the designated trails and tree-lined streets to visit the shops and restaurants.
- Operating hours: Open daily from Monday to Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Rates: Road bikes are available for rent for P60/hour.
- Reminders: You need to present a valid ID and sign a waiver before renting road bikes in Nuvali. Bikers need to wear helmets (provided) at all times. Wear proper closed shoes (sandals and slippers aren’t allowed).
2. Explore the off-road trails by mountain bike
Nuvali offers an extensive bike tracks and trails system, which includes approximately 50km of off-road biking and running trails. In fact, it’s the venue of Nuvali Dirt Weekend, one of the biggest and most anticipated mountain biking events in the country. On regular days, bikers who bring their own mountain bikes can enjoy going around the flowy singletrack and scenic cross-country riding with fresh air and great views.
Outside Slacker biking in Nuvali
In certain areas, bikers can enjoy sights of Mount Makiling, Laguna de Bay and the Tagaytay Ridge. We were able to practice riding at the four-cross and pump bike tracks during our visit in December, but last I heard these are now open only to bike enthusiasts during special events.
- Operating hours: Open daily from Monday to Sunday.
- Rates: Biking in Nuvali is free for those who bring their own bikes.
- Reminders: Proceed first the Evo-living Center concierge to register. A valid ID is required.
3. Go wakeboarding
Republic Wakepark is a world-class water sports facility inside the Nuvali complex. It features a 4-hectare lake, bar and restaurant. Republic Wakepark is being primed as the newest and most innovative wakepark in the world, where you can try this extreme sport that combines the best of water skiing, surfing, and snowboarding.
This is currently the nearest wakepark to Metro Manila and has hosted several international wakeboarding events. For those who want to maximize their riding time and stay longer, the park also offers comfy accommodations nearby.
- Operating hours: Republic Wake Park is open from Monday to Sunday. Riding Hours – Morning 8:30 – 12:30, Afternoon 1:00 – 5:30. Night Rides 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Friday to Sunday.
- Rates: Rates range from P250/hour to P995/8 hours for day rides and P350/ hour to P800/4 hours for night rides. This does not include wakeboard rentals (P350/hour), private coaching sessions (starts at P750/hour) and refundable deposit for Vest, Helmet and RFID rental (P800).
- Website: republ1cwakepark.com
4. Get active
Aside from biking and wakeboarding, Nuvali is a popular weekend destination for sports like running, football, baseball and sand volleyball. A lot of the events are held in The Fields, a 10-hectare open area that includes 3 FIFA-sized football fields, 2 baseball fields, 3 sand volleyball courts and a multi-use outdoor clubhouse. Nuvali continues to host multi-sporting events and tournaments such as trail runs, marathons, duathlons and fun runs like the first Outbreak Manila Zombie Fun Run.
At the Outbreak Manila Zombie Fun Run
5. Take a water taxi ride on the lake
The 4-hectare multi-functional lake feature of Nuvali doesn’t just add visual appeal, but it also serves several practical purpose. It serves as a catchment for storm water run-off, a water reservoir, fire reserve and is a medium for alternative transportation.
- Operating hours: Open daily from Monday to Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Rates: Rides on taxiboats cost P30/head/round trip. Your group can also charter the boat for a special trip for P180 (minimum of 6 pax).
6. Feed the koi fish
One of the most popular activities to do in Nuvali, especially if you’re with kids, is to feed the koi fish. Solenad, where many restaurants are located, has a large outdoor pond full of ornamental fish. Koi are omnivorous fish and help keep the lake water clean.
Koi food is designed to float which encourages the fish to come to the surface. This is the most number of koi fish I’ve seen in one place.
- Operating hours: Fish Feeding is open daily from Monday to Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Rates: Fish Food costs P15 per bag
7. Visit the Wildlife and Bird Sanctuary
The Wildlife and Bird Sanctuary is a 17-km long buffer green and forest zone that provides a haven for 60 species of birds and contains a rich variety of flora and fauna within Nuvali.
The area contains a biking and jogging trail system along with a gazebo and view decks for birdwatchers.
- Operating hours: Open daily. The best time to go is early morning around 6:00 am to 8:00 am, or late afternoon from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Rates: Bird Watching at the Nuvali Wildlife Sanctuary is open to the public free of charge.
- Reminders: Getting a guide is not required, but if you want a birdwatching expert/spotter to join you, register in the Evoliving Center first. Recommended group size: less than 9 people. Pets not allowed. Guests are advised to wear nature-colored colors, because bright-colored clothes distract birds. Bring your own binoculars or birding telescope.
8. Enjoy a movie night outdoors
Nuvali sometimes holds special movie nights outdoors at their Night Sky Cinema equipped with a large screen and excellent sound system in The Fields. Visitors can bring their own mats to watch movies while picnicking in the wide open field.
The movie selection usually follows a specific theme depending on the month. They screen Christmas classics in December, romantic flicks on February and horror movies for Halloween.
- Operating hours: Gates open at 4 pm during movie night events.
- Rates: Movies are screened for free during Outdoor Movie nights
- Reminders: This isn’t a regular thing, so check out Nuvali’s event page for their upcoming schedule of outdoor movie nights. Bring your own blankets, pillows and snacks.
9. Go shopping
Those who like to shop can enjoy some retail therapy at the brand-name outlet stores and shops in Solenad 1 and 2. Some of the outlet stores here include Adidas, Aldo, Bench, NineWest, QuickSilver and Stoked. For full list of retail outlets, check out this link.
10. Go on a food trip
Nuvali has plenty of popular cafes and restaurants to choose from. Some of the restos are Max’s, Uncle Cheffy, Tonkatsu by Terazawa, Italianni’s, Blackbeard’s Seafood Island, ClawDaddy’s Great American Picnic, Crisostomo and Chubby’s Rib Shack. For Burger joints and snacks, there’s Brother’s Burger, Army Navy Burger + Burrito and Buffalo Wings & Things. Some of the coffee, tea shops and dessert places are Starbucks, Bo’s Coffee, Serenitea, Fruits in Ice Cream, Krispy Creme and Conti’s Bakeshop & Restaurant.
More restaurants are still in the development phase and will be added to the area. Since most of the restaurants also have branches in Manila, it would be nice to see a homegrown Cavite or Laguna-based cafe offering local specialties here in the future.
WHERE TO STAY IN NUVALI:
Microtel South Forbes is located in Silang, Cavite, but it’s only a few minutes away from Nuvali. The business hotel has 61 rooms and offers travelers a convenient base to nearby towns.
Microtel by Wyndham South Forbes, South Blvd., South Forbes Golf City, Bgy. Inchican, Silang, Cavite, 4118 Philippines.
- Contact info: +63(49) 543-4888
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.microtel-southforbes.com
Seda Nuvali is a modern 150-room lifestyle hotel located within the 2,300-hectare Nuvali area right next to the scenic four-hectare lake. The hotel provides travelers with a relaxing and convenient place to stay in while enjoying Nuvali and other places to visit in Laguna. Good option for those traveling with infants and small children. Check out Kokopax.
Seda Nuvali is located in the Lakeside Evozone, Nuvali, Sta. Rosa City, Laguna, 4026 Philippines.
- Phone Numbers: (6349) 2558888 or (049) 5433788. Fax Number: (6349) 2558891.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sedahotels.com/nuvali
HOW TO GET TO NUVALI:
- Nuvali is accessible through several exits along the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) including Greenfield City / Unilab / Mamplasan, Eton City Greenfield, Sta. Rosa, Silangan & Calamba
- Buses (Jam Liner) travel from Nuvali to Makati from 6:00 am to 6:30 am and from Makati to Nuvali at 5:30 pm , 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm every Monday to Friday
- Jeepneys travel to and from the Balibago Terminal to Nuvali all day from Monday to Sundays
- Travel time to key destinations: 50 minutes from Makati (approx. 40 km), 30 minutes from Alabang (approx. 25 km) and 15 minutes from Sta. Rosa Exit (approx. 15 km)