E-Games recently invited some bloggers to try out Point Blank, a massively multiplayer online first person shooting (MMOFPS) game in the Philippines.Though I still prefer RPGs to First Person Shooters, the game was pretty easy to pick up and is similar to Counter-Strike. However, it comes with unique game modes, an impressive weapons arsenal and a wide range of maps. If you’re into shoot-em-ups, here are a few reasons why this game is worth checking out.
1) Point Blank is currently among the top online game titles worldwide.
- It is currently the No. 1 First Person Shooting game in Indonesia, Thailand, and Russia. The people behind X-Play Online Games and e-Games believe that it will eventually become the No. 1 online FPS game here in the Philippines as well. Starting early will give gamers an advantage in the ranking system.
2) Two words: Dinosaur Mode
- While this mode is not yet available during the Closed Beta Testing (CBT) phase of the game, players will eventually be able to face off with a T-Rex and a pack of velociraptors. ‘Nuff said.
3) Interactive environments
- In the game, you can use the environment against your opponents. If you shoot glass or a blow up a car next to an enemy, they’ll sustain damage. In one mission, you also get to ride a flying helicopter and use the on-board guns against other gamers.
- It’s not just mindless killing. There are RPG elements in the game and players can earn specific skills (like sniper skills, etc.) through level progression and by using different weapons repeatedly. There are also class specific card missions to take on and skill trees which you can assign and level up.
- Gamers can choose to play with both male and female avatars, each with their own special stat effects. Female avatars are said to be harder to kill because of their thinner body size. The only available PB characters/avatars for the CBT are Acid Pol, Keen Eyes, Red Bulls, and Tarantula but more characters will be available soon. The game also has separate servers for novices and high level characters, which will even out the playing field somewhat for the newbies.
Point Blank will be having in-game contests, tournaments, and updates to keep gamers playing. Right now, you can try playing the game for free at selected Netopia i-Cafes or register with e-Games and download the game yourself here.