Old Manila Walks recently launched The Corregidor Walking Tour, dubbed “Of Bombs, Big Guns & Lost Gold.” The walking tour, which is concentrated on the “historic core” if the island, provides a broader, more contextual, insightful and critical understanding of World War II in the country. Throughout the tour, Ivan Man Dy, the founder and lead guide of Old Manila Walks, shared interesting stories of military strategies, enemy invasion, lost treasures and conspiracy theories on WWII. This was actually my third time on the historic island, after taking the traditional bus tour and the Adventure Challenge and overall, I found the whole experience to be a great workout for both body and mind! Below are a few photo highlights & some useful info for those who want to try it out themselves.
For more walking tours, check out my article “History on Foot: Old Manila Walks” in Zest Inflight Magazine, March 2013 issue.
- This walking tour gives visitors more time and access to take photographs inside ruins and other places that are not usually included in the bus tour.
- The tour also gives guests free time after lunch to try optional activities such as the Malinta Light and Sound show, ATV ride, zipline, kayaking or swimming.
- What to wear/bring: Guests are advised to wear comfortable shoes and bring sun protection (umbrella, hats, water, sunblock & sunglasses)
- Ferries depart from Manila at 8:00 am and arrive in Corregidor at 9:30 am. Ferries depart from Corregidor 2:30 pm and arrive in Manila 3:45 pm.
- Old Manila Walks plans to offer the tour this February 2013 with initial runs every weekends (Sundays).
- The tour costs P1,750.00/head and is inclusive of the following: Guided tour, Ferry Transfers and Island Entrance Fee.
- Buffet Lunch at Corregidor Inn is optional (not inclusive) and maybe availed prior at P450.00/head. Plated lunch options available too.
- For more details and inquiries, email email@example.com or call 711-3823 or 0918-9626452. Reservations are required.
- Visit www.oldmanilawalks.com, Facebook page: Old Manila Walks