For outdoor enthusiasts, OtterBox is best known for their line of water-resistant boxes and device-specific cases that protect gadgets when doing water sports. Since they started in 1998, OtterBox has evolved into leading global brand that continues to adapt to the needs of the consumers. These days, they provide protective solutions for flagship smartphones and tablet devices, with cases that offer drop protection, dust protection, scratch protection, shock absorption and waterproof technologies.
I’ve actually been on the lookout for a good case for my Samsung Galaxy S6 and was instantly drawn to the Defender series, which makes use of an incredibly tough 3-layer protection system that can protect your smartphone from the natural elements and clumsiness, which is something I need. The rugged cases are capable of withstanding rather heavy drops, bumps and shocks, handy for weekends of mountain biking, motorcycling and outdoor adventures. Too bad it’s not fully waterproof. (There’s a waterproof Preserver Series but it’s not available for the Galaxy S6.)
While I personally like the rugged look and practicality of the original OtterBox designs, it’s good to know that OtterBox also produces cases that offer the same level of protection in more stylish designs to fit our everyday lifestyle. During the week, I have to attend lifestyle and restaurant events for the magazines I write for. Sometimes you have to dress for the occasion. It just wouldn’t be appropriate to show up to formal or business events in muddy hiking shoes and a backpack, right? The same goes for your smartphone.
I recently got a closer look at some of Otterbox’s newest product lines at a media meetup with the brand ambassadors of OtterBox in the Tenkiebox Headquarters in Makati, their distribution and retail company. Here’s a look at the main features of their new Lifestyle Series.
- Ideal for young, creative and fashionable individuals, the MySymmetry series is a fun, highly customizable phone case.
- Designed for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5/5s.
- The series is a clear, slim case with swappable inserts.
- It features an extensive design collection with designs that come from top designers worldwide.
- The case serves as a blank canvas where users can express their mood or fashion.
- The user can swap cards to match their OOTD.
- Users can also customize their own designs by using the readily available template. You can print out designs from the computer, draw or paint on the template or even personalize it with pictures of your pets or kids.
- Like all Otterbox products, the case offers the same level of protection, just in a sleeker and more stylish form.
- The case is made of dual-material, single-layer design with rugged construction that protects the phone from drops and tumbles.
- The raised, beveled edge gives the touchscreen defense against display damage, especially when paired with Alpha Glass screen protectors
- Colors: Available in Black Crystal w/ Tri Grid Grey, Scarlet Crystal w/ Fan Red, Sorbet Crystal w/ Pink Mesh, Royal Crystal w/ Blue Arches, Grey Crystal w/Fall Grid
- SRP: Php 1,750.00
Symmetry Series Leather Edition
- Ideal for corporate types, business people, and urban professionals, the Symmetry Series offers a more mature and stylish look.
- Designed for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Handcrafted genuine leather exterior.
- Dual-material construction protects the phone against drops and shocks.
- It has a shock-absorbing interior and raised beveled edge to keep the touchscreen safe.
- Colors: Available in four shades (Black w/ Gold Logo, Antique Tan w/ Gold Logo, Magenta Pink w/ Gold Logo, Navy Blue w/ Gold Logo)
- SRP: Php 3,250.00 (iPhone 6) to Php 3,850 (IPhone 6 plus).
Symmetry Series Folio
- Ideal for fashionable young moms and stylish corporate types, the Symmetry Series Folio offers sleek and stylish protection for tablets.
- Designed for: Apple iPad Air 2 and all versions of iPad mini.
- The case features a premium textile cover that’s luxuriant to the touch with a micro suede interior cover that protects the touchscreen from scuffs and scratches.
- Its hard outer shell and soft inner lining shields tablets from drops, knocks and bumps, perfect for those with tech-savvy kids who like playing with your devices.
- The custom design leaves ports, buttons and controls easily accessible.
- It doubles as a stand,and can rotate 360 degrees, allowing the tablet to rotate to landscape and portrait positions.
- Colors: Available in Classic Black with Faux Leather Folio or Glacier with Storm Fabric Folio
- SRP: Php 3,250.00 (iPad Mini 1/2/3) to Php 4,250.00 (iPad Air 2)
- For successful individuals who want only the finest in life, the Strada series integrates classic materials with modern innovation to come up with a line of genuine leather folio cases for flagship Smartphones.
- Designed for iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Engineered to withstand drops, bumps and tumbles the Strada Series features a sleek tough shell with a genuine leather folio cover to protect the touchscreen.
- Magnetic latch keeps the cover securely closed.
- Slum audio vent allows user to take calls with the cover closed.
- Vertical slot to secure cards or cash in place.
- Made of genuine leather that just gets better with age.
- Colors: Available in “New Minimalism” (black) or “Chic Revival” (burgundy)
- SRP: Php 2,950.00
For frequent travelers and those who like to show their Pinoy Pride in their gear, OtterBox has also released a limited edition collaboration with design company TeamManila. Four swappable designs available in the MySymmetry series feature iconic Philippine designs such as the jeepney, regional dialects, and ethnic patterns. Only 100 of these will be given free when purchasing a MySymmetry Series case.
The new OtterBox Lifestyle series will be available this weekend in all OtterBox kiosks and selected resellers. Limited edition OtterBox products such as TeamManila t-shirts, an Otterbox Clip-on Lens and a Card Case will also be given to the first 100 purchasers of the different Lifestyle series lines.
For more information visit: